I believe, as many of you do, I’m sure – that everything, absolutely EVERYTHING has happened to us, is happening, or will happen, for a reason and purpose.
Unfortunately, we aren’t always given a definite reason why certain things are allowed to take place, are we?
In these type of instances, many have chosen to explain the certainty they experienced, which may have taken place in those most uncertain moments in life, as “trusting the process of life.”
What does ‘Trust the Process’ mean to you?
Trusting the process, in my opinion, is the arrival an individual makes to discover his or her own life truths. It is a shift in focus from operating out of fear, doubt, self-limitations, and self-sabotaging behaviors – to the individual fully knowing with confidence that the Universe is always conspiring for their good.
Inwardly (as well, as demonstrations of outward growth), the individual begins acknowledging that they have reached the place they were meant to be in life. They do this even when they aren’t where they would most like to be situated.
It is ‘the process’, which allows the individual to turn over the new leaf in their life.
In learning to trust the process, we begin releasing our conditioned beliefs, mindsets, traditions, and values, of old, and begin rewriting a new process that will ultimately offer us a new way of life.
Let’s add more depth to “trust” and “process”, shall we?
Merriam-Webster defines, trust and process as:
- Trust – Believe in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength.
- Process – a natural progressively continuing operation or development marked by a series of gradual changes that succeed one another in a relatively fixed way and lead toward a particular result or end.
Ways to Perceive ’The Process’
Below, I’ve compiled a list of ways to better assist ourselves, during this journey of self-discovery – as well as, giving assistance to other’s who aren’t as mindful about the benefits of trusting the process, in their lives.
- Focus our attention on the here and now.
“I don’t care how much power, brilliance, or energy you have, if you don’t harness it and focus it on a specific target, and hold it there, you’re never going to accomplish as much as your ability warrants.” ~Zig Zigla
- Develop an inner peace to control only what can be changed, and then learn to be at peace with acceptance of that.
“Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.”~ Voltaire
- Be in charge of the company being kept. We will never attract the right people, in the worst frame of mind.
“Surround yourself with happy faces – people who are interested in growing and enjoying.” ~Wayne Dyer
- Who’s mentoring you? And, whom are you mentoring?
“A mentor is someone who sees more talent and ability within you, than you see in yourself, and helps bring it out of you.” ~Bob Proctor
- Be optimistic and begin raising the level of expectancy about your future. Have a healthy belief system that allows for a change in one’s perceptions.
“Men are disturbed not by things, but by the view which they take of them. ~Epictetus.”
- Continue expanding yourself by never ceasing to learn new ways of doing things. Never limit yourself to yesterday’s lessons.
“I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.” ~Maya Angelou
- Life is either happening for us, or to us. If it’s happening to us– we must begin making adjustments to where our focus is being placed.
“Our thoughts create our reality – where we put our focus is the direction we tend to go.”~Peter McWilliams
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions – even if that means asking it more than once. If need be, rephrase the question each time, better than the last. The ultimate goal is to get clarity on the topic or subject. So, we should never be afraid to seek out help when it’s needed; nor should we reduce our chances by asking people, who haven’t experienced what we’re trying to achieve.
“He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.” ~Chinese proverb
- Stay open to the good – that way, when it does happen, you won’t be the least bit surprised that it has happened, just the way you expected it.
“Be believing, be happy, don’t get discouraged. Things will work out.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley
Whenever we become more willing to “trust the process of life” – we become more certain in knowing, life and the Universe is supporting us and rooting us on to succeed. Isn’t that awesome?
How do you ‘trust the process?’ Share your thoughts with me. Your thoughts could offer someone else more clarity about trusting their process. Thank you. Blessings.
If you’re enjoying this series, why not consider having RMT sent to your email or RSS feed for updates. Also, please allow me to share further empowerment and inspiration with you, by signing up for the newsletter here, as well.