A few months ago a dear friend, Knikkolette from Your Social Media Mogul – who I’ve come to adore and respect – nominated me to participate in the Social Media Challenge.
Then just this past Monday I saw that another dear friend by the name of Sandra from Kids Can Do It – who I equally adore and respect – had also nominated me for The Beautiful Bloggers Award.
I knew it was time to take them both up on these challenges, and being me, I had to do it a bit different.
So, today since both of them have the same rules, I figured I’d knock out two birds with one stone.
- Share 7 random facts about myself that you may not know, and then share each of these awards with 7 other bloggers.
I do hope both, Knikkolette and Sandra, understand why I’ve chosen to combine the rules. Coming up with 14 random facts that I haven’t already written about could prove to be quite difficult. However, I love paying these kind of things forward, so I will be delighted to pass this challenge and award on to 14 beautiful bloggers. So here, we go….
7 Random Facts about Deeone
- I was in AFJROTC (Air Force) in my 11th and 12th grade year of HS, and would have joined the Air Force afterwards, but wasn’t accepted until the day I was leaving for the Navy.
- In my 10th grade year, I called myself running away from home. I left one day after school, and walked 17 miles that took me 4 hours. Once I reached the neighboring town of Rocky Mount I was too tired to go on further, called the police and they took me back home. Sadly, I was not missed or reported as being missing, but I was chewed out a new one by the officer and my mother.
- My partner Tim is one of the best things that has ever happened to me and to think I almost missed out thinking about what other’s would say about me dating someone outside of my race who is also 12 years my senior. I’m glad I got over that! That’s also, why I encourage others to love hard, and let no one tell you whom you should give your heart too.
- Outside of graduating HS, Cosmetology School, Airline Reservations and Flight Attendant training, the only honors or awards I’ve ever received are from blogging. So thank you to each of you have ever nominated me for these types of achievements. I’m super grateful for making such wonderfully amazing connections.
- I started singing in church when I was 5 years old. My song of choice – Whitney Houston’s, Greatest Love of All – in which case, my grandmother told me after church, “Baby, that was a beautiful song, but don’t sing that one anymore – I didn’t hear God or Jesus in there one time.” That still cracks me up to this day.
- A week after moving back home to North Carolina (a year after my discharge from the Navy), back in 1999, the town in which I was raised in, experienced a flood. We lost everything except the clothes on our backs. I took it as a sign that I shouldn’t have moved back, and haven’t lived there since.
- I’ve been to Africa, Italy, Greece, and Spain. All of which was because of my Navy career. Out of them all, Barcelona, Spain and Naples, Italy were both my favorites. I could see myself living in either one.
I will try to share this with those I haven’t shared one with yet. So if you don’t see your name, please don’t think I don’t think you’re beautiful. I just want to share the wealth with others.
The 14 Beautiful Bloggers
- Kelli Cooper
- Peter Huetz
- Ralph Dopping
- San Dan Yi
- Rachel Naddor
- Rachel Scovens Thompson
- Balthazar Irving Khan
- Martina McGowan
- Dwayne Radden
- John Paul Aguiar
- AJ Borowsky
- Kaarina Dillabough
- Sherrie Koretke
- Jen Olney
Well, that’s about it. Congrats to each of the recipients. I hope each of these wonderful bloggers decide to take me up on the challenge. If not, just know that I think you each ROCK! Thank you all for being beautiful bloggers.
Again, thank you Knikkolette and Sandra for thinking of me for these thoughtful acts of kindness.
NOTICE: Due to the fact that I will be out of town this weekend, there will not be a Reflections for tomorrow. The posting schedule will resume on Tuesday. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend. Enjoy.