“For every failure, there’s an alternative course of action. You just have to find it. When you come to a roadblock, take a detour.” ~Mary Kay Ash
Here at RMT, I’m all about the life lessons. Recently I’ve had many of them, they’re coming faster than I can write them down these days. This particular one today, explains a bit about what has been taking place with me of late; with the sudden activity changes you may or may not have noticed throughout my website and my social media platform practices.
I’m becoming more focused on producing quality for my readers, and less focused on how many readers I can get. For I now know, if I produce quality – the readers will come. This clarity would come when I asked my inner true being for its truth.
Here was the response…
“If it is ever brought to your attention (both internally and externally) that you’re heading in the wrong direction, and you persist to head in the same direction – ignoring the warnings and hints that smack you in the face along the way – then you deserve to get whatever you discover once you arrive there.”
OK, WOW – Let’s see if I can soften that up a bit, eh.
How many times has your intuition advised… or warned you (depending on how yours speaks to you, my own can be a bit direct) to do “A, B, C”, but instead you thought “X, Y, Z” would work far better in your favor? So you tried it your way, only to realize that your way not only didn’t get you to where you desired to go; but the trip there wasn’t all that you thought it would be cracked up to be, either.
Can you relate to having this type of experience? I know I’ve certainly had mine.
I have had far too many instances where I was constantly being bombarded with these kinds of wake-up calls – I’ve come to call them, life’s cliffs notes – they’re the subtle moments that our inner being has clued us in to something that we should incorporate into our practices, or maybe consider a new way of going about doing it altogether. Possibly, someone else comes along and confirms it, by saying the exact same thing that the inner you said to do.
Usually – for me at least – it’s the inner voice that speaks first, because somehow, it truly does have all the answers we seek.
Now, you have two choices after you have realized you’re coordinates are a bit off course.
You can A) Throw up that white flag your thoughts have been telling you to give an ole wave. In my opinion, this one is simply not an option.
Or, you can B) Recalculate, refocus, and continue to stay committed to the destination point, in which you are dedicated and determined to arrive.
Let’s say you go with Option B, … good choice by the way.
1) Recalculate – I’ve wrote a couple of pieces about recalculating. Tony Robbins calls it changing your approach. I believe one of the most essential steps to one’s personal growth is the concept of acknowledgment. Being able to say to yourself, “OK, this isn’t working out as I planned.” However, acknowledgement alone is useless; without action placed behind it.
2) Refocus – After a recalculation of approach has taken place, it’s essential to ensure that our focus is being place on the best area to produce a different outcome than the one we were moving towards – before the correction was given, that is. I personally had to ask myself a series of questions, such as these…
- “Is what I’m doing right now conducive to bringing me the results I want?”
- “Are my daily activities aligned with my goals?”
- “Are the people I’m associating with validating my desire to reach my fullest potential or are they tolerating me just to push their own agenda?” (this has everything to do with the 5 people we spend the bulk of our time with)
3) Stay Committed – The goal in life is to enjoy it, serve others with it, improve upon it, adjust to the changes, make corrections when necessary, and to proceed forward with commitment. It’s the commitment that ultimately gets us the results we desire to achieve. On yesterday I tweeted, “Knowing where you’re going is more important than knowing how you will get there. Best to have #Clarity&Focus & use of your inner #GPS.” When we’re sure of where we’re going it becomes easy to stay committed. Nothing clears things up like a step back, a bit of clarity, and the right questions posed to our intuition.
We each have within us great potential, and we access that greatness through using our gifts with passion. Whenever we go back to the Universe/Creator – that I have come to believe we access through our own inner true being – asking for the gift’s operators instructions; we soon discover the instructions have always been there available to us.
We need only ask the right questions to activate them.
What we seek is often a matter of Recalculating, Refocusing, and Staying Committed to the process or goal at hand.
Sometimes the only thing we need is a recalculated approach to put us back on the right track.
Was this article helpful? Have you ever had to change your course in life or with your goals? What worked for you – and what didn’t? Are you currently changing?
Need assistance? Feel free to Contact Me.