This week marks one year since I started on this blogging journey (YAY!!!); which actually seems fitting for the topic of today’s post.
On last month, my dear friend Makeba Dunlap-Giles of MelisaSource nominated me for the Tell Me About Yourself award. I’m finally tackling it Makeba.
Then, on early part of this week I was nominated by a new friend, Praveen Rajarao of Daily Morning Coffee to participate in the 7 Link Challenge.
Oh dear, this should be interesting.
I am honored to have gotten mentioned and nominated by both of these individuals on their blogs, and cannot express enough gratitude to both of you for thinking enough of my work to be included on your list. Thank you both so very much.
Now, being Deeone, I wanted to be a bit creative combining the two awards together. Doing them separately and on the same post would have made for an extremely long post (longer than normal, Hajra ), and since I’m only posting once a week until a few of my other writing projects are completed; I didn’t want to prolong either of these honors until next Thursday.
So please bare with me here.
- 7 random facts about myself.
- Share the award with 15 bloggers.
The Rules for the 7 Link Challenge:
- Provide 7 links for the provided categories.
- Share the award with 5 bloggers.
Easy enough, huh?
Well, here is where I get a bit creative. I will follow the first rule of both the award and challenge, but since most of the blogs I frequent either have already been nominated or have already participated; I’ll simply provide 10 to avoid this post being a mini short story and also share it with blogger’s I’ve never mention here on “RMT”. Bloggers who I have grown to admire and truly respect for their work.
I do hope that each blogger I share this award with decides to participate in one or both of these awards. There certainly won’t be any love lost if they choose not to do so.
So, let’s begin shall we?
- I enjoy reading 2 – 4 books at a time. I’m currently reading 4 at the moment.
- My birthday is June 19th. Many know that date as Juneteeth. Anyone care to share why?
- My partner and I are hoping that this is the year we get to say “I do”. We celebrate 5 years together in April.
- I’m shy when it comes to first impressions, but warm up rather quickly to most peeps. (Nasty dispositions take a bit more warming for me.)
- I’m a lover of water; lakes, waterfalls, and oceans mostly
- I’m a lover of socks, underwear, scarves, and hats. Socks and underwear are my fave. TMI.. maybe.
- I’m pretty awesome at decorating interiors too.
7 Links Juices
- Most Beautiful Post – I thought the post, It’s Not the End, Butterfly (3 part series) was the most beautiful, but it could also go under Most Helpful, as well.
- Most Popular Post – As of today, The Shocking Truth About Taking Chances received 67 comments and still seems to get the most traffic.
- Most Controversial Post – This one was a bit harder to pick, but I thought Know the Truth: Does it Set Us Free or Keep Us Controlled was a bit hard to swallow for some. What did you think?
- Most Helpful Post – I always thought that Five Ways To Build a Bridge and Get Over Past Hurts was a helpful post.
- Post Whose Success Surprised Me – This was also in the top 3 of my favorites that I’ve written. Speaking Life into Your Situation. It received a lot of positive feedback. (Thanks Grandma for speaking life into mine.)
- Post I Feel Didn’t Get the Attention it Deserved – Reinventing Yourself (revised and updated), hands down. It was probably because it was so long, but I thought it still had a lot of great information in it.
- Post That I Am Most Proud Of – This was a tie for me between Thank Your Doubters and Releasing My Mindset. Both of these posts really helped me to understand some issues that I have consistently throughout my life had to deal with. Writing both gave me much needed clarity… and oh yes Release.
The 10 Nominees
- Burl Walker – StartStuffBlog
- Shellie Johnson – ShellieJohnson
- Craig McBreen – CraigMcBreen
- Mitch Mitchell – I’m Just Sharing
- Janine Ripper – Reflections from a Redhead
- Hajra Kvetches – HajraKvetches
- Jon Mertz – Thin Difference
- Chrysta Bairre – Live Love Work
- Allie – Ramblings of A WAHM
- Hiten Vyas – Hiten Vyas
Congratulations!!! YOU GUYS AND GALS ROCK IN MY BOOK!!!! Thank you for being YOU!
OK, your turn… let me have it.
What did you think about my creativity with this post? Did you enjoy the facts?