After an awesome mini-vacation, I returned back to my duties of blogging revived and ready to face whatever came my way. So on Tuesday morning I grabbed my morning Joe, saw my other-half off to work, and headed into the office to see what I’d missed over a wonderful Labor Day weekend.
First thing I needed to do was to check my emails. Yahoo read 342 unread messages, while my Gmail was a bit more forgiven of my absence with only 56. OK, so note to self: When taking a break from the internet, at the very least check your email messages. Jeez!
Most of my Gmail messages were from comments from the blog, responses to other’s blogs that I’d left before the vacation started, and one very special message. It was from a new friend of mine, Harleena Singh. Harleena, an awesome freelance writer who humbly boast of having several blogs, (Freelance Writer’s Blog and Aha – Now: A Family Blog, the two I’m most familiar with) was letting me know that she wanted to share The Versatile Blogger Award with me. With me?! Are you serious? OK, let me gather myself here.
Let me just tell you, that I was absolutely speechless and humbled all at the same time. I’d seen Harleena a time or two during the beginning of my writing career in a LinkedIn group that we both were apart of, where she posted several informative post for beginning freelance writers. We would not make a connection until later last month, when I moved my WordPress.com blog to a self-hosted site. I actually forget which of us actually added the other to their Google circle first, but this I can tell you I haven’t regretted not once making her acquaintance.
She’s absolutely phenomenal and professional. A hard-working mother and wife; she writes to inspire and encourage, while also giving insight and writing tips to beginning bloggers like myself. She also continues to daily be the friend that I truly need during this journey of self-betterment and making my dreams of becoming a writer a reality. So to you Harleena, I extend the biggest hug and Thank You, for sharing something as huge as this award with “little ole me.”
The Versatile Blogger Award
Being the recipient of this incredible award, I was asked to pay it forward to other blogs I’ve recently discovered. And those bloggers that I chose to share it with, would need to follow the same rules that I’ve given in order to claim the award. The rules are simple:
- Thank the person who shared the award with you, by linking back to them in your post.
- Pass this award to 15 recently discovered blogs (being sure to let them know that you included them in your blog post)
- Lastly, list 7 things about yourself.
Since, I’ve been visiting so many sites and blogs here lately, choosing only 15 will certainly be a task for me to pick. Nevertheless, I figured I’d put them all in my favorite ball cap and choose 15 in that manner. That way none of my wonderful new friends would feel slighted in the least. Let’s see who the lucky recipients are. (Cue the music, please)
My 15 Recently Discovered Blogs Are:
- Kesa Collections By: Elise Boysaw
- The Wonder of Tech By: Carolyn Nicander Mohr
- Mazzastick By: Justin Mazza
- The Artful Blogger By: Suerae Stein
- Ending The Grind By: Steve Roy
- Balanced WorkLife(Blog) By: Bryce Christiansen
- Experience Life Fully By: Adrienne Jurado
- What Little Things By Samantha Bangayan
- Grow With Stacy By: Stacy Claflin
- Hustler’s Notebook By: Jk Allen
- Fearfully and Wonderfully Made By: Rachel Lavern
- Healthy Lifestyle Living By: Larry Lewis
- AdrienneSmith.net By: Adrienne Smith
- Smart Boy Designs By: Christian Hollingsworth
- RogerBlazic.com By: Roger Blazic
7 Things About Me:
- I’m a Gemini on the zodiac wheel. Juneteenth, is my birthday. For those of you not familiar with what that is, its June 19; a day known for being the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States. Cool-beans, right?! :)
- I have lived or visited every state in the US except 9 of them. Those that I haven’t visited just yet are Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, North and South Dakota, Idaho, Iowa, Mississippi, and Alabama.
- I have one sister, one adopted sister, 4 brothers, 4 nieces, and 5 nephews. My nieces and nephews are my heart! I love my sisters and brothers for bringing them into my lives. I just wish they weren’t so far away. They all live in North Carolina where I’m originally from; with the exception of my adopted sister, she resides in Los Angeles, California.
- I am a HUGE True blood fan! I also love Law & Order: SVU, Criminal Minds, and Modern Family, equally as much.
- My partner and I plan on being married… joining unions… or whatever my lovely government decides to call it; we’re in the planning stage, as we speak. I can’t wait!!!
- Although, I received an honorable discharge; I ultimately left the Navy in 1998 because of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell (DADT). Even back then, it didn’t make much sense to me. “To thine own self be true”, rang deep in my heart each time I adorned my Service Whites. Now, don’t get me wrong, I definitely support our troops; it was more of a personal conviction than anything else.
- I love to make new connections with people I don’t know. Mainly because I’m open to life and living, and I have no idea where life is going to lead me. I think its good to practice making positive connections; one should always have a friend or two when they arrive wherever they may find themselves. So if we’re not connected just yet, please introduce yourself. It would be an honor for me to connect with you. I can be reached on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn.
I do hope that all the bloggers listed above who haven’t yet received The Versatile Award would participate in paying it forward to 15 other deserving bloggers. It would also be nice for those of you that check out this post, if you would do me a huge favor, and visit the listed blogs letting them know how you heard about them if it’s your first time visiting. That would be super!
I enjoyed participating in this award and I thank Harleena once again for sharing this honor with me.
I thank each of you that eyes fall upon this post and my blog, for your continual support. I truly appreciate it, and could never say that enough.
I welcome you all to leave your comments, feedback, and responses. Why? It’s simple, you are all so very important to me, and I would love to hear your thoughts; they are the ink to my pen.
Thank You so much for visiting my site today. ;)